Mile 20

Saturday, March 17, 2007

March 17th, 2007
This semester has been a landslide! I've breathed for the first time since the marathon last Friday when my Spring Break started.

Let me tell you the endurance that I gained from the marathon has translated into my work habits. The week before spring break was a marathon in itself! I had planned to start studying 3 weeks in advance and had started regularly going to the Chem Tutorial Room to do 3 packed hours of organic homework. Still, it's not an exam week if I'm not verging on the speed of light in order to complete everything in time. Physics was finally becoming logical and I was starting to get the hang of it just in time for the test to come and me to realized that I had an orgo exam in 24 hours. Physics mania, then orgo mania, then realized that orgo homework was due at 12am on the test day not the day after. Who assigns physics homework on the Friday before Spring Break on material we only lightly touched on? Hernandez my teacher, that's who. Oh yes, and my physics lab report was due, not to mention I was anxious to know if I had been appointed to be an RA for the summer and/or the next year. At noon I had 5 hours to go till I heard about the position, had to have my HW in and I was kicked out of the dorms. With strength that I didn't know I possessed I finished all my tasks with flawless execution and recieved two acceptance emails. Not only did I get both positions but I'll be an RA for Kenan community! Some RA candidates were saying that they would only accept the position if they got the better communities like Kenan. I was hoping just to get any position and now I'll be working the community that all of my friends are in! So this has been an anecdote of how my semester has been going.
Anyways, now I'm finally able to catch you all up on the marathon! So I was finally starting to run regular half marathons by myself. The day I ran the 20 miles I went to church at home, was dropped off at Chapel Hill and then hit ground running. The key to doing anything is to Just Do It and keep going. I've been called the Juggernaut because I have 99% momentum and 1% stopping power. One of these days I'm going to bowl over an old lady.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home